Monitoring the coronavirus
FHR is committed to providing our employees, the individuals in our care, and the community with a safe and healthy environment. As an organization, we are constantly monitoring program needs and taking every precaution to prevent and contain the spread of disease. All of FHR’s decision-making is informed by guidance from the CDC and with our most vulnerable populations in mind.
Updates at FHR:
- Sanitization and hygiene standards are paramount to our organization and have therefore increased in intensity and protocol. All locations are cleaned with EPA approved disinfectants.
- All programs and offices have been educated regarding proper hand and respiratory hygiene and are practicing procedures.
- A COVID-19 Response Team consisting of members in each FHR region has formed to oversee the ongoing development of policies.
- In-depth remote training on COVID-19 continues to be delivered organization-wide to employees.
- Social distancing is being enforced.
- Staff are utilizing video conferencing for meeting purposes.
- Practices regarding group eating have been put in place at GLEs.
- Policies and screening processes are being implemented for all individuals and staff involving a temperature check.
- FHR has begun utilizing telehealth and is continuing to develop plans to best serve the individuals in our care.
For additional information about COVID-19 (coronavirus), please visit: